Taking a vacation on a ship probably only associates it with cruises with large ships and crew, but it is not like that. There are many possibilities to travel by sea and in this post we want to tell you about the benefits of organizing a sailing trip. Traveling by sailboat or boat is the simile of a cruise, but with the advantages that they are exclusive trips with few people. The maximum passage is 12 people, counting on the skipper of the boat.
What are the advantages of traveling by sailboat to traveling by land?
Probably taking a vacation on a ship only associates it with cruises with large ships and crew, but it is not like that. There are many possibilities to travel by sea and in this post we want to tell you about the benefits of organizing a sail trips.
Traveling by sailboat or boat is the simile of a cruise, but with the advantages that they are exclusive trips with few people. The maximum number of passengers is 12 people, counting on the skipper of the boat.
When you think about traveling, it is almost always associated with traveling with flights, hotels or even car rentals. Have you thought that traveling by sailboat you have all your needs covered in one? Think of it like this, it’s as if you decided to take a trip in a caravan, but changing the road to the sea, and believe me this second is much more exciting.
Whether you like the sea or it is the first time you have thought about organizing your vacation on a boat, read on.
Benefits of sailing
In the summer season, the prices of accommodation increase considerably, as well as the restaurants and activities that you can do there. Surely you want to rent a car to be able to move around the different corners of the island, hire a tour guide or an excursion organized by the most famous coves of the island, not to mention the obligatory excursion of at least one day to the island.
Well, sailing travel includes all these possibilities already in the price of the pack you hire:
- You don’t need flights or ferries to get there.
- You do not need a car or means of transport to move around the islands, forget about the additional costs (deposit, insurance, gasoline, parking).
- You will always be on the beachfront, forget about paying more for the location of your hotel, the boat is your “hotel” and it moves wherever you want.
- It is not necessary to always eat out. You have the possibility to cook on the same sailboat or go out to eat, you decide.
- You do not need tourist guides, because your skipper surely knows which are the places that you cannot miss on the islands.
Comparison of holidays in hotel or on a sailboat
But, as you will surely think that the cost of traveling by sailboat is very expensive (this thing about boats never sounds cheap) we have made a real comparison of a trip by land and by sailboat with the same characteristics. In addition, we have added approximate travel from your city of origin.